December 10, 2007

Georgia jar



I stole this idea from my friend Georgia....she has them all over her house. This is a delightful way to display all your little treasures. I used a large brandy snifter and filled it with smalls: a glass door knob, wooden cabinet wheels, skeleton keys, seashells, buttons, a marble egg, an alabaster bird, an antique pocket watch and many other items. I topped it off with an empty clock face. Guests can't keep their hands out of this! They're constantly pulling items out for a closer look. These can also be made with a theme in mind. Weddings: fabric, lace and ribbon from dress, dried flowers, photos, save the date card, invitations....all tucked away, but on display.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cool idea! I'm going to have to steal it from You!!
:D
Great blog by the way!!

Terri said...

That is really cool!!
I may have to steal that idea, too...*starts thinking of all the fabulous and fun items that are lying around the house*
I do have one of those gigantic brandy snifters but at the moment it is filled with glass ornaments.

Unknown said...

Great idea! Glad to see more Etsyians on blogger, welcome! I'm b-marking your blog for more great ideas in the future :)

OcelotEyes said...

I think I have a smaller one of those that a friend gave me before she moved away - it was full of beach sand, random rough gemstones, beach glass, and large wooden beads. They were her treasures, but she entrusted them to me for the time being. Truly a neat way of displaying things!

I keep my own rough gemstones, crystals and fossils I've collected from over the years, in a small glass candleholder, the type that looks like lovely crackled glass.