December 28, 2007

Heartbreak

I want to hear my grandmother’s voice.

When I called on Christmas Eve, a nurse answered my grandma’s cell phone. I was told she couldn’t talk right now…she was being taken to the emergency room.

Some days when I call, there is no answer. Sometimes Ommie doesn’t remember how to answer the cell phone.

Yesterday when I spoke with her, she kept telling me the same things over and over.

Little things like this break my heart.

But I will continue to call…there’s not much time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sorry..... Hospice is wonderful.. they take care of everything. You made the right decision.

Anonymous said...

Will you all get to see her tomorrow at the family gathering? I know it will be so much to get her there, but I hope that you can all see her one last time...
Many hugs...

High Desert Diva said...

Looks like she won't be able to come afterall.....we're setting up times to visit her in small groups throughout the weekend. :(