December 15, 2007

Vigil

My life changed dramatically yesterday after receiving a message from my mother. My grandmother was being transported to the Emergency Room. Heart attack or stroke. Her heart rate was 20. Frantic phone call to husband....come home now! Throwing clothes into overnight bags, stocking up food and water for Cammie, our cat. Phone calls to friends. Cancelling dinner plans, arranging pet care. Hurry, hurry. 3 1/2 hour drive to Portland. ICU waiting room for 8 hours with various, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings. The doctors still aren't sure. Maybe not a heart attack. No apparant paralysis...maybe not a stroke.
Waiting, waiting. Vigil.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Charmaine I am keeping you & your family in all my thoughts & prayers that everything will turn out ok. Please let me know
(((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know you also have a lot of love from us Etsyians too:
http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5374680