January 16, 2008

Moving Forward

"Hurt feelings or discomfort of any kind cannot be cause by another person. No one outside me can hurt me. That's not a possibility. It's only when I believe a stressful thought that I get hurt. And I'm the one who's hurting me by believing what I think. This is very good news, because it means that I don't have to get someone else to stop hurting me. I'm the one who can stop hurting me. It's within my power." - unknown

Perhaps I'm a bit naive. I was surprised to have a family member upset when I initially began sorting through my grandmother's estate.

This person is still expressing displeasure. I will not allow it to hurt me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you sweetie! Everyone has to make their own decisions, and we cannot please them all... only ourselves.

Janell