March 16, 2008

It's almost time!


Image from A'Musements

I spent the better portion of the day yesterday working on baby shower prep. Ironing linen napkins, transplanting wheat grass to clay pots I had painted and then added lace trim to....(note to self: don't transplant next time; plant directly into pots....) Borrowing china, pink Depression glass cups, cake plates, a punch bowl, tablecloths and several vintage clocks from my friend Joy (her blog header has a few of the clocks in it....) who e-mailed me last week and said, "If you need anything for the shower, my cupboards are open." Hello? YES! I picked up 3 boxes full of items, and delivered them to the parents-to-be house during one of the most torrential downpours I have ever been in. By the time I had carried everything to the house, I was literally soaked. My hair was sopping.... fresh-out-of-the-shower-wet. I do not miss the valley rain.

13 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

You sure give a good party..What a friend you are...

letitiah said...

sounds like you haven't missed a single detail! good on ya!

Hey Harriet said...

Just think, the day can only get better. Go make yourself a GOOD & strong cup of coffee ;)

Hey that baby has a mowhawk! It's not often I see punk rocker babies. How cute he is :)

Angela said...

Aww, it's going to be so lovely!

Caroline said...

(Glad to see I'm not the only person who has a love affair with old clocks!)

I hope you'll take pictures at the party!

Sarah McBride said...

seriously you know how to plan and throw a party! LINEN napkins?? what a brave gal you are!

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Wouldn't expect anything less from a classy diva such as yourself. I'm sure everyone will be amazed with your talents! It sounds a most lovely plan.

UniqueNurseGranny said...

What a lucky person who has you for a friend.

BaldyLocks said...

Sound like your party will be the place to be. I hope you post all the pictures because the suspense is too much! It sounds like it will be amazing.

I'm also curious what you had in the boxes.

And thanks for your cheering. I've had a rough week or so.

Anonymous said...

Hey Diva! Hope you are dry by now..."Don't miss the valley rain" the hell you say?! Of course you miss it...Makes the moss in your lungs grow, but you know that! Sounds like the only person who missed the beautiful shower was the baby! How lucky your friend is to have you formulating plans and executing the details for her fete! You are a great pal. Cudos for a job well done!
Now think of what you're going to call your EVENTS PLANNING business...

Infinite Cosmos said...

wow! you sure know how to make a party special!
And actually, it hasn't been raining quite as much this year so far. All of feb was pretty much dry weather with blue skies!

Simply Me Art said...

Oh, You are so much more Organized then I!

picciolo said...

Hope your baby shower went well, your preparations looked wonderful! I love the book that you did, would love to see a picture of the wheat grass in the pots you painted.
: )
ps
(your order is now listed on etsy for you!)