July 05, 2008

Good day

Today I drove to Sisters, a little tourist town about 30 miles away. The drive is spectacular...views of the mountains everywhere. These are the Three Sisters (the mountains we have a partial view of from our property) in all their glory:

My little trip was another coffee date. This time with fellow Etsian, Rebekah, who has two shops: Little Byrd, and Little Byrd Vintage. She also has a blog I visit daily.

We talked and talked. Rebekah recently began selling vintage items on Etsy and will be doing her first show by participating in the upcoming Barn House Flea Market in July. We hit a few antique stores in Sisters and she was able to get some great deals on items I'm sure will be appearing in either her shop or at the sale.

She left me with these two sweet gifts: a wool clutch I had hearted from her shop (I just adore the velvet ribbon and buckle) and a lavender sachet (which smells divine).

Thanks for the fun day!

10 comments:

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

How sweet of her! Sounds like you had a lovely get together. How nice you had the opportunity to connect.

Unknown said...

Again it is wonderful that you are getting out and meeting your people! She sounds like a lovely lady too & so sweet to give you such pretty gifts.

Unknown said...

Oh & PS...I love the Sisters. Mine just flew home so it was a nice reminder of the special bond and how it even exists in nature :)

Tess Kincaid said...

I can't believe that is actually the view from your car window on your drive...spectacular. Sounds like an extra fun day.

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

Your day sounded like a lot of fun! That little clutch is so cute!

Aren't you glad all of our smoke is gone....for now! LOL

Hey Harriet said...

What amazing views you have! Here in Australia there a mountains also called the '3 sisters' & now I can't remember if they are in Victoria or N.S.W. I should know this as I did see them many years ago. I'm thinking N.S.W.

That's so cool that you've hooked up with fellow etsian/bloggers in your area. Your coffee date sounds fun & what a lovely gift. Lucky you! If you ever visit Australia we will have coffee dates & lots of shopping trips too! You can even stay at my house :)

Anonymous said...

That sounds so nice. The clutch is really lovely.

Victoria said...

Amazing clear view, (bye, bye, smoke, we hope!)
And another great get together...
Sounds like a lovely day!

littlebyrd said...

I had so much fun with you Ms. Diva! Thanks for meeting up, helping me shop and being so understanding about my lateness! I am still mortified! We'll see each other again soon - Rebekah

Anonymous said...

now that surely was a sweet visit for you tow. the clutch with eh buckle is very cool! you captured a stunning view of the sisters too! i hope that wasn't taken while you hands were supposed to be positioned at 10 and 2.....
:)