I'm passing this award on to these bloggers:
Tea & Honey Bread ~ for the love of language
Cicada Daydream ~ for the love of following one's dream
Curly Girl Chronicles ~ for the love of jewelry making and a dog named Kana
Middle Aged Dating ~ for a hysterical look at love and online dating (plus we share the same first name...see #1 below)
You Have to be a Comedy Goddess to Endure ~ for loving the comedy that is life
Green Leaf Reviewer ~ for the love of planet Earth
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I’ve been tagged by Cynthia of Oasis Writing Link to list 6 random things about myself. You all know the rules, right? Feel free to play along.
1. As a child, I detested my first name (no, no, not Diva…Charmaine). I wanted to be named something normal: Judy or Michelle. When I was in grade school, there was a heavy TV advertising campaign for Charmin toilet paper. The tag line was: Please don’t squeeze the Charmin! Consider the glee of eight year-old boys when handed this line and imagine the teasing that ensued.
2. I consider asparagus to be one of the most vile tasting foods on the planet.
3. In 1992 I was in a multiple car accident. My car was totaled, I had my first (and only) ambulance ride, and (surprisingly) I managed to walk out of the hospital without any broken bones.
4. My sisters and I are all one year apart in age. Think about that…then imagine the teenage years and all the hormones floating around. Not so much fun. I didn’t think I even liked my sisters until something devastating happened to one of them and I thought my heart was going to break. Love does run deep.
5. Speaking of love, I’m so glad we adopted our cat, Cammie and our dog, Trux! You all need to see more pictures of them, right?
6. I had long hair for most of my life, but am really enjoying the freedom of a short, flippy/messy haircut...very liberating.
Now it's your turn!