April 27, 2009

Blogland Haiku

Elizabeth is encouraging us all to brush off our haiku skills and join in on (newly invented) blogland haiku day, May 11th


From Elizabeth:

as burgeoning spring
demands poetic response
we bloggers will sing

From Wikipedia: Haiku is a form of Japanese poetry, consisting of three metrical phrases of 5, 7 and 5 (syllables). Haiku typically contain a seasonal reference, and punctuation marks which cause a pause in speech. Haiku in English usually appear in three lines.


12 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

This sounds fun! I'm IN!

A Wild Thing said...

I love haiku...it doesn't totally strain my brain...(doesn't take much)...

Unknown said...

Hmmm, this sounds like a good time I might have to check out. Loves me some haiku! Thanks for sharing it.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

I've read that over on Elizabeth's blog and envy anyone that has some form of poetry skills. I totally lack in that area but I am going to enjoy reading others!

Helen said...

... now this is a writing challenge I will enjoy (at least) attempting .....

Golden West said...

I guess it is time
To put on my thinking cap
And write a haiku

Victoria said...

Sounds like fun!

vicki archer said...

Try, try as I might
to spring in to verse right now
Nothing comes to mind

Fun, fun and more fun....shall start to think of something to say, xv.

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat said...

Now I just need to REMEMBER! ; )

I love haiku all the way back to my school days!

Robynn's Ravings said...

I would LOVE to do this! How will I remember?! Oh! I'll create my post now and save it under drafts. Thanks for the help. I knew you'd think of something. :)

shiborigirl said...

Sounds like fun! Though, I'm better at limericks. ;)

There once was an anthropologist Throssil...
( I could continue, but it's pretty naughty!)

Have fun.

Kate

Unknown said...

I love Haiku.