November 24, 2009

Distractions

One of the ways I distract myself from gloom and doom news, is to follow the fashion pages. A slightly distorted reality to take my mind off serious subjects; climate crisis, economy, war, etc.

The Obama's just hosted their first state dinner at the White House. Photos of past state dinners and first ladies' gowns have been floating around the internet for days. This photo of Jackie Kennedy caught my eye due to the flower hair adornment and dress color...

photo from here

...reminded me of my mother's wedding ensemble 44 years ago.


3 comments:

vicki archer said...

I see it... xv.

Tess Kincaid said...

It's amazing how much influence Jackie Kennedy had on fashion. Love the picture of your parents. I can't decide if you look exactly like your mother of exactly like your dad!

Amanda at 32˙North said...

That's the BEST pink!